When the process of divorce starts you go through a range of emotions, highs and lows but in the end you get there. I had to take time to realise it wasn’t me, it wasn’t him, it was us and we are better apart than in a marriage. I learned a lot from it all and grew as a mother and a person. It can be a bitter-sweet moment where you feel like you’re drowning in emotion but celebrating the start of something new.
1.Marriage is hard, it’s me, not him. I can make this work.
2. I’m not changing anymore, I’ve done everything I can.
3. My life is over, I’m going to eat pizza and forever have shower cries
4. I’m gonna start my life over again, gym membership time, he will see what he lost!
5. Actually, Imma do it for myself, I’m amazing.
7. When people ask, how you doing? I’m happy and I’m well. I’m great!
8. Crap what did I do, everyone has marriage problems, did I over-act, let me message him.
9. When people still refer to ‘HIM’ as ‘HUSBAND’, didn’t you get the memo?
10. When your kids ask if you’re going to marry Daddy again and you try to be polite
Co-founder of Amaliah amongst many other roles. Selina is passionate about empowering those around her and just trying to be a better person. She loves looking after plants and a good cuppa because motherhood and running Amaliah.com is not for the faint hearted. She is also Co-founder to Aishah and Eesa and currently a one digit mother, Alhamdulilah. You will find her in the local charity shop, garden centre or park with her kids. Have a listen to the Amaliah Voices podcast. Link in bio peeps. To join the Amaliah Writer Community email me at [email protected]